LEVIATHANS CORE SET
Leviathans is a game that simulates combat between warships that have taken to the air in an alternate history 1910. The king leviathans, the battleships, are the largest vessels. Maneuvering in support are the smaller ships of light cruisers, destroyers, and others ships. Will you captain your fleet for king and country, expanding your nation's power and becoming legend? Or will you fall from the sky, forgotten?
You will determine the outcome!
In 1878 the Polish genius Rychnowski isolated an electrical fluid with remarkable lifting capabilities - a single, pivotal event that would change the world. The smartest military minds of the coming generation - Zeppelin, Jellico, Fisher and others - diverted their attention to the glorious new technological revolution and sea-going battleships were abandoned around the world. In their place, armored giants took to the skies.
In 1906, Great Britain launched the HMS Leviathan, the first of the "super air ships", sparking an arms race around the world. By 1910 the most powerful nations boasted large High Fleets, and the start of small skirmishes left the world uneasy... Welcome to Leviathans!
2-8 players 30 minutes playing time. Ages 12 to adult.
The Leviathans Core Box Set includes the following:
- 2 rulebooks to transition players from the quick-start rules to the core rules
- 8 high-quality, 1200-scale plastic ship miniatures
- 12 Ship Cards 12 full-color Recognition Cards
- 1 Leviathans Gazetteer universe primer
- 2 fiction novellas
- 2 18' x 22' board-game quality maps
- 10 custom D12 dice and 2D6 2 reference cards
- Leviathans recognition poster
- Sheet of faction/ship crests
- Template game aides (die cut cardboard counters)